The European Investment Bank (EIB) board of directors has approved more than $8.2 billion to finance projects in Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Finland and beyond.
“Without innovation, Europe will not become and remain competitive," EIB President Werner Hoyer said. "Today the EIB has approved new financing to support development of next generation semiconductors in Germany, innovation to strengthen the nutritional benefits of dairy products in Denmark and upgrading university research in Ireland. The EU Bank is committed to unlocking investment in world-class project such as these that build on Europe’s research and innovation strengths."
The EIB board approved funding to help build and repair schools in Finland, as well as make repairs to the National University of Ireland Galway Campus. It also approved funds to redevelop a hospital in Treviso, Italy, and fund public housing projects in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Some funding will go toward making internet access available to Italian homes, international roadway projects in Poland and rural roads in Spain. EIB will also finance a Blankenburg tunnel to improve access to the port in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business