The European Investment Bank (EIB) board of directors has approved more than $8.2 billion to finance projects in Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Finland and beyond.
“Without innovation, Europe will not become and remain competitive," EIB President Werner Hoyer said. "Today the EIB has approved new financing to support development of next generation semiconductors in Germany, innovation to strengthen the nutritional benefits of dairy products in Denmark and upgrading university research in Ireland. The EU Bank is committed to unlocking investment in world-class project such as these that build on Europe’s research and innovation strengths."
The EIB board approved funding to help build and repair schools in Finland, as well as make repairs to the National University of Ireland Galway Campus. It also approved funds to redevelop a hospital in Treviso, Italy, and fund public housing projects in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Some funding will go toward making internet access available to Italian homes, international roadway projects in Poland and rural roads in Spain. EIB will also finance a Blankenburg tunnel to improve access to the port in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Meets Prime Minister of Malaysia, Reaffirms Support
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshininbank's Noyemberyan branch was re-opened
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: Information on currency auction
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Basisbank's customer service space was opened at Mestia Justice House
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Fiji Confirm Partnership to Build Resilience Against Floods
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: "AtaBank" OJSC has started this campaign "Visa VISA, VİSA Al" earlier this year
- ACBA- CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: 60th branch of ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE Bank launched
- BANK OF GEORGIA: For the first time in the Caucasus region, the Bank of Georgia's Visa card holders will make payments through Garmin hours
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch