The European Investment Bank (EIB) board of directors has approved more than $8.2 billion to finance projects in Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Finland and beyond.
“Without innovation, Europe will not become and remain competitive," EIB President Werner Hoyer said. "Today the EIB has approved new financing to support development of next generation semiconductors in Germany, innovation to strengthen the nutritional benefits of dairy products in Denmark and upgrading university research in Ireland. The EU Bank is committed to unlocking investment in world-class project such as these that build on Europe’s research and innovation strengths."
The EIB board approved funding to help build and repair schools in Finland, as well as make repairs to the National University of Ireland Galway Campus. It also approved funds to redevelop a hospital in Treviso, Italy, and fund public housing projects in the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Some funding will go toward making internet access available to Italian homes, international roadway projects in Poland and rural roads in Spain. EIB will also finance a Blankenburg tunnel to improve access to the port in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar