Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) experienced a strong increase in income last year compared to 2015.
The bank published a press release on its website regarding its 2016 financial statements. Last year, the bank's net income was $163.5 million, compared to a net loss of $143.6 million in 2015.
The bank experienced a major decrease in interest expenses -— from $133.1 million in 2015 down to $84.3 million in 2016. Interest income on assets available for sale also rose from $4.9 million in 2015 to $18.5 million in 2016.
EDB also had a net non-interest income of $30.2 million last year due to increased return on transactions in the bank's treasury portfolio. In 2015, the number was negative due to a $64.3 million provision for impairment losses on assets. Budget discipline has helped the bank tighten up its expenses.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Eurasian Development Bank ?
Next time we write about Eurasian Development Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GOVERNMENT OF UZBEKISTAN: The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a regional training on reforms in the field of public procurement
- BG CAPITAL - GEORGIA: Galt and Taggart Published Macroeconomic Research of Uzbekistan
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB and REC to support the supply to Kazakhstan of Russian modules for a solar power station
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Ukraine: EU Bank launches new scheme to strengthen the agri-food sector
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: DB Raises 85.05 Million Georgian Lari in Offshore Bond Market
- ARTSAKBANK - ARMENIA: Shareholders Extraordinary General Meeting
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal