The European Investment Bank (EIB) is offering $52.72 million to boost Pancretan Cooperative Bank's financing of projects in Greece.
This financial agreement is part of a program called Loans for SMEs and MidCaps. Pancretan will support small- to medium-size enterprises with investment loans and working capital.
“I am very pleased to be in Athens today to further extend the EIB’s ambitious new credit line for SMEs and Midcaps, which are a vital pillar of the Greek economy,” Jonathan Taylor, EIB's vice president of Greek lending, said in a press release.
In December, the EIB launched a new credit line worth up to $1.05 billion for Greek banks and signed agreements with the four key banks for $105.49 each.
“The European Investment Bank remains committed to supporting private sector growth and the real economy, as well as continuing to invest in young people," Taylor said. "These are among the principal objectives of the EU Bank’s engagement in Greece. Pancretan plays a key role in the Greek provinces, especially on the island of Crete, and our combined efforts will help more companies across the country to expand their business activity and create much needed quality new jobs, especially for talented young people who represent the country’s future."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Basisbank and Hualing Group transferred GEL 200,000 to StopCov fund set up by government
- BELARUS BANK: Viktar Ananich to clients and partners: Belarusbank maintains normal operations
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home