The European Investment Bank supplied more than $873.3 million last year for investments that will improve crucial services and open up new economic opportunities in Ireland.
“I would like to welcome the involvement that the European Investment Bank has had in Ireland in recent years and in particular during 2016, which saw the EIB provide continued financial support to key projects at a very high level," Michael Noonan, minister for finance, said. "This strengthened EIB engagement reflects the many opportunities for responsible investment in the Irish economy. The consistent growth in Ireland’s economy and elevated levels of business confidence provide a compelling basis for investment in our evolving economic and social infrastructure."
Hundreds of schools will be boosted by EIB's support. Last year, $370.5 million was lent to upgrade old buildings and construct new facilities at primary schools and higher-learning institutions.
“Strengthened support for crucial investment across Ireland by the European Investment Bank during 2016 reflects the importance of unlocking investment essential for sustainable economic recovery and represented one to the strongest ever years of EIB engagement in the country," Andrew McDowell, European Investment Bank vice president, said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has 13 new employees
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ArmSwissBank Made Coupon Payments of Corporate Bonds
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Provides Seminars and Trainings within the Women in Business Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank supports Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers