The European Investment Bank supplied more than $873.3 million last year for investments that will improve crucial services and open up new economic opportunities in Ireland.
“I would like to welcome the involvement that the European Investment Bank has had in Ireland in recent years and in particular during 2016, which saw the EIB provide continued financial support to key projects at a very high level," Michael Noonan, minister for finance, said. "This strengthened EIB engagement reflects the many opportunities for responsible investment in the Irish economy. The consistent growth in Ireland’s economy and elevated levels of business confidence provide a compelling basis for investment in our evolving economic and social infrastructure."
Hundreds of schools will be boosted by EIB's support. Last year, $370.5 million was lent to upgrade old buildings and construct new facilities at primary schools and higher-learning institutions.
“Strengthened support for crucial investment across Ireland by the European Investment Bank during 2016 reflects the importance of unlocking investment essential for sustainable economic recovery and represented one to the strongest ever years of EIB engagement in the country," Andrew McDowell, European Investment Bank vice president, said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar