The European Investment Bank supplied more than $873.3 million last year for investments that will improve crucial services and open up new economic opportunities in Ireland.
“I would like to welcome the involvement that the European Investment Bank has had in Ireland in recent years and in particular during 2016, which saw the EIB provide continued financial support to key projects at a very high level," Michael Noonan, minister for finance, said. "This strengthened EIB engagement reflects the many opportunities for responsible investment in the Irish economy. The consistent growth in Ireland’s economy and elevated levels of business confidence provide a compelling basis for investment in our evolving economic and social infrastructure."
Hundreds of schools will be boosted by EIB's support. Last year, $370.5 million was lent to upgrade old buildings and construct new facilities at primary schools and higher-learning institutions.
“Strengthened support for crucial investment across Ireland by the European Investment Bank during 2016 reflects the importance of unlocking investment essential for sustainable economic recovery and represented one to the strongest ever years of EIB engagement in the country," Andrew McDowell, European Investment Bank vice president, said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech