The European Investment Bank (EIB) has inked an agreement with Deutsche Kreditbank AG (DKB) for a framework loan worth $267 million.
The loan will provide funds for DKB to funnel into renewable energy products, health and education facilities and transportation infrastructure projects in Germany.
“As part of its climate strategy, the EU bank is committed to dedicating at least a quarter of its loans to strengthening environmental protection,"
EIB's vice president of German operations, said. "We can substantially reduce energy consumption in Germany and Europe if we manage to boost the use of renewable energy and considerably improve energy efficiency in the building sector. Both approaches are crucially important for sustainable environmental protection. I therefore very much welcome this new agreement with DKB, which is strongly geared towards the financing of renewable energy projects."
DKB board member Rolf Malib is pleased with the partnership.
“We are pleased to be able to continue the long-standing and successful cooperation with the EIB, especially in the renewable energy field," he said. "From the mid-90s onwards, DKB has supported its customers as a financing partner for renewable energy investments in Germany."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays