The European Investment Bank (EIB) has inked an agreement with Deutsche Kreditbank AG (DKB) for a framework loan worth $267 million.
The loan will provide funds for DKB to funnel into renewable energy products, health and education facilities and transportation infrastructure projects in Germany.
“As part of its climate strategy, the EU bank is committed to dedicating at least a quarter of its loans to strengthening environmental protection,"
EIB's vice president of German operations, said. "We can substantially reduce energy consumption in Germany and Europe if we manage to boost the use of renewable energy and considerably improve energy efficiency in the building sector. Both approaches are crucially important for sustainable environmental protection. I therefore very much welcome this new agreement with DKB, which is strongly geared towards the financing of renewable energy projects."
DKB board member Rolf Malib is pleased with the partnership.
“We are pleased to be able to continue the long-standing and successful cooperation with the EIB, especially in the renewable energy field," he said. "From the mid-90s onwards, DKB has supported its customers as a financing partner for renewable energy investments in Germany."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar