Antonio Tajani has been named president of the European Parliament following a final face-off with Gianni Pittella (S&D, IT).
After three rounds of voting, none of the six candidates won an absolute majority of the votes. After a fourth round, Tajani led with 351 votes. Pittella had 282 votes.
In every voting session, Tajani maintained the lead position with Pittella in second place.
Every candidate gave a three-minute speech detailing how he or she intended to lead Parliament during their 2.5-year term. One candidate, Guy Verhofstadt, withdrew from the race before voting began.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Parliament ?
Next time we write about European Parliament, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GOVERNMENT OF UZBEKISTAN: The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a regional training on reforms in the field of public procurement
- BG CAPITAL - GEORGIA: Galt and Taggart Published Macroeconomic Research of Uzbekistan
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB and REC to support the supply to Kazakhstan of Russian modules for a solar power station
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Ukraine: EU Bank launches new scheme to strengthen the agri-food sector
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: DB Raises 85.05 Million Georgian Lari in Offshore Bond Market
- ARTSAKBANK - ARMENIA: Shareholders Extraordinary General Meeting
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal