The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) opened the doors of its Money Museum to citizens on Monday, free of normal admission charges as a part of International Museum Day.
According to the announcement, the NBU's museum has been restricted between its opening in 2004 and the present day. The exhibition includes approximately 13,000 pieces of currency and commemorative coins that have been minted by the NBU in the past.
“The Money Museum has always tried to be open to the public," Museum Director Nataliia Hordiienko said. "During its operation the museum received more than 16 thousand students of schools, colleges and higher education institutions, officials and diplomats, military men, retired elders and disabled persons. Many educational institutions of Ukraine have established a good tradition: to visit our museum every new academic year.”
The NBU opened the museum to online registration in April of this year. Prior to this, only specific groups and academic institutions were granted access. The museum's collection has currency that dates back to the 11th century
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about National Bank of Ukraine ?
Next time we write about National Bank of Ukraine, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar