During the annual meeting of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Professor of Government at Georgetown Thane Gustafson spoke about Ukrainian energy security, the EBRD reported on Monday.
A large factor, he states, is Ukraine's reliance on gas from other countries, due to the fact that Ukraine does not produce enough natural gas to serve itself. The country also has a greater amount of transit than Russia does.
"There is less reliance on Russian transit going through Ukraine," Gustafson said. "The Russians use other pipelines now, and the Ukrainians themselves now have more options for their own gas supply. Add those things together, and there is good news down the road. Maybe five years from now, 10 years from now, Ukraine will be much more secure on the energy front."
He also states that this issue will resolve itself as the Ukrainian economy develops and evolves to surpass outdated industry from the Soviet Union time period.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ?
Next time we write about European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has 13 new employees
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ArmSwissBank Made Coupon Payments of Corporate Bonds
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Provides Seminars and Trainings within the Women in Business Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank supports Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers