The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and BasisBank of Georgia announced Friday they have increased cooperative measures in the financing of $31.5 million into several sectors.
This includes Georgian small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), trade finance and energy-efficiency measures and projects. $20 million will be used to finance corporate projects, $10 million will be used for SME financing and the remaining $1.5 million will allow BassisBank to increase its trade financing ability.
We are very pleased to sign this package today as it will allow us to further reinforce a strong partner and thus also deepen the EBRD’s support for the Georgian economy,"
EBRD Managing Director for Financial Institutions
Nick Tesseyman said. "The package covers the needs of local businesses well and illustrates what we can offer to contribute to their successful development through a strong and leading local-market participant like BasisBank.”
Both banks aim to contribute to the development of the country's economy through this partnership.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ?
Next time we write about European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank