Belarus president Alexander Lukashenko stressed the importance of ensuring that companies purchase and use products that are made in Belarus whenever possible over those that are imported.
He also said it is important to support local manufacturers while keeping the nation open to trade and other opportunities abroad.
“But we must understand we have established such production facilities in recent years. Naturally, time is needed to fine-tune the equipment,” Lukashenko said. “I know that Minsk authorities have imported equipment for municipal services. The plant producing Belarusian tractors is here. It will immediately repair all spare (parts).”
A special session will be held, according to the Belarus press service, to discuss these and related issues and products.
“We are not members of the (World Trade Organization); we do not have obligations before them," Lukashenko said as he addressed top officials. "Let’s protect our domestic market.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Belarus ?
Next time we write about Government of Belarus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar