Belarus president Alexander Lukashenko stressed the importance of ensuring that companies purchase and use products that are made in Belarus whenever possible over those that are imported.
He also said it is important to support local manufacturers while keeping the nation open to trade and other opportunities abroad.
“But we must understand we have established such production facilities in recent years. Naturally, time is needed to fine-tune the equipment,” Lukashenko said. “I know that Minsk authorities have imported equipment for municipal services. The plant producing Belarusian tractors is here. It will immediately repair all spare (parts).”
A special session will be held, according to the Belarus press service, to discuss these and related issues and products.
“We are not members of the (World Trade Organization); we do not have obligations before them," Lukashenko said as he addressed top officials. "Let’s protect our domestic market.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Belarus ?
Next time we write about Government of Belarus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"