Welfare OPS has purchased approximately 10 percent of Promsvyazbank's (PSB) shares for approximately $141 million. the bank said on Thursday.
The bank said this partial acquisition is legal with regard to assets that can be invested into pension funds.
"Pension funds can work as a full-fledged resource investment in the domestic market -- it is a recognized international practice," Welfare OPS CEO Nikolai Sidorov said. "Therefore, (Welfare OPS) selects high-quality and reliable investments, including increasing the share of financial instruments and systemically important banks in their investment portfolio that support of Promsvyazbank and market-competitive projects and technologies that can replace imported products -- the current direction at the moment, which can provide our customers with a stable and long-term income."
PSB Chairman Artem Konstandyan said that with support from Welfare OPS, the bank will be able to continue serving high-profile companies in the Russian Federation.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Promsvyazbank - Russia ?
Next time we write about Promsvyazbank - Russia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech