Welfare OPS has purchased approximately 10 percent of Promsvyazbank's (PSB) shares for approximately $141 million. the bank said on Thursday.
The bank said this partial acquisition is legal with regard to assets that can be invested into pension funds.
"Pension funds can work as a full-fledged resource investment in the domestic market -- it is a recognized international practice," Welfare OPS CEO Nikolai Sidorov said. "Therefore, (Welfare OPS) selects high-quality and reliable investments, including increasing the share of financial instruments and systemically important banks in their investment portfolio that support of Promsvyazbank and market-competitive projects and technologies that can replace imported products -- the current direction at the moment, which can provide our customers with a stable and long-term income."
PSB Chairman Artem Konstandyan said that with support from Welfare OPS, the bank will be able to continue serving high-profile companies in the Russian Federation.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Promsvyazbank - Russia ?
Next time we write about Promsvyazbank - Russia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders