Welfare OPS has purchased approximately 10 percent of Promsvyazbank's (PSB) shares for approximately $141 million. the bank said on Thursday.
The bank said this partial acquisition is legal with regard to assets that can be invested into pension funds.
"Pension funds can work as a full-fledged resource investment in the domestic market -- it is a recognized international practice," Welfare OPS CEO Nikolai Sidorov said. "Therefore, (Welfare OPS) selects high-quality and reliable investments, including increasing the share of financial instruments and systemically important banks in their investment portfolio that support of Promsvyazbank and market-competitive projects and technologies that can replace imported products -- the current direction at the moment, which can provide our customers with a stable and long-term income."
PSB Chairman Artem Konstandyan said that with support from Welfare OPS, the bank will be able to continue serving high-profile companies in the Russian Federation.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Promsvyazbank - Russia ?
Next time we write about Promsvyazbank - Russia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar