Azerbaijan Energy Minister Natiq Aliyev said May 7 that natural gas from the country's Southern Gas Corridor would be available to Greece, Italy and Bulgaria in 2020.
Three pipelines will be involved in this process: the Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP), the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) and the South Caucasus Pipeline. During a meeting with the Energy Security Conference in Berlin, Aliyev said that a quarter of the required construction is complete.
"We are sure that this project will be successfully fulfilled and implemented," Aliyev said. "We are very encouraged to deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Bulgaria, Greece and Italy in 2020."
Groundbreaking for the TANAP took place in March. Aliyev said the TANAP should be complete in 2019. Gas supplies to Turkey will be increased to 12.6 billion cubic meters once the TANAP is completed. Currently Azerbaijan supplies Turkey with 6 billion cubic meters.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"