Azerbaijan Energy Minister Natiq Aliyev said May 7 that natural gas from the country's Southern Gas Corridor would be available to Greece, Italy and Bulgaria in 2020.
Three pipelines will be involved in this process: the Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP), the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) and the South Caucasus Pipeline. During a meeting with the Energy Security Conference in Berlin, Aliyev said that a quarter of the required construction is complete.
"We are sure that this project will be successfully fulfilled and implemented," Aliyev said. "We are very encouraged to deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Bulgaria, Greece and Italy in 2020."
Groundbreaking for the TANAP took place in March. Aliyev said the TANAP should be complete in 2019. Gas supplies to Turkey will be increased to 12.6 billion cubic meters once the TANAP is completed. Currently Azerbaijan supplies Turkey with 6 billion cubic meters.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about United States - Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce ?
Next time we write about United States - Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has 13 new employees
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ArmSwissBank Made Coupon Payments of Corporate Bonds
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Provides Seminars and Trainings within the Women in Business Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank supports Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers