Belarusbank said Monday that it has reached an agreement with China Development Bank on a $300 million loan to fund joint projects between Belarus and China.
Projects in the transportation, energy and other sectors along with small and medium-size business enterprises will benefit from the agreement.
Belarusbank said the loan has favorable terms for the bank and for the Republic of Belarus.
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Minsk on Sunday.
"It is extremely important that the general loan agreement was signed during the visit of President Xi Jinping," Belarusbank Board Chairman Sergei Pisarik said, referring to the trip by the Chinese president who arrived in Minsk on Sunday. "It was a testament to a new level of bilateral relations with the Development Bank of China, and in addition will further the achievement of mutual interests,"
Belarus is also in consideration to be a major partner with the city of Xuzhou, China, as the development of the Economic Belt of the Silk Road continues.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Belarus Bank ?
Next time we write about Belarus Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GOVERNMENT OF UZBEKISTAN: The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a regional training on reforms in the field of public procurement
- BG CAPITAL - GEORGIA: Galt and Taggart Published Macroeconomic Research of Uzbekistan
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB and REC to support the supply to Kazakhstan of Russian modules for a solar power station
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Ukraine: EU Bank launches new scheme to strengthen the agri-food sector
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: DB Raises 85.05 Million Georgian Lari in Offshore Bond Market
- ARTSAKBANK - ARMENIA: Shareholders Extraordinary General Meeting
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal