Belarusbank said Monday that it has reached an agreement with China Development Bank on a $300 million loan to fund joint projects between Belarus and China.
Projects in the transportation, energy and other sectors along with small and medium-size business enterprises will benefit from the agreement.
Belarusbank said the loan has favorable terms for the bank and for the Republic of Belarus.
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Minsk on Sunday.
"It is extremely important that the general loan agreement was signed during the visit of President Xi Jinping," Belarusbank Board Chairman Sergei Pisarik said, referring to the trip by the Chinese president who arrived in Minsk on Sunday. "It was a testament to a new level of bilateral relations with the Development Bank of China, and in addition will further the achievement of mutual interests,"
Belarus is also in consideration to be a major partner with the city of Xuzhou, China, as the development of the Economic Belt of the Silk Road continues.
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia