Wang Lianyu, head of the Foreign Affairs Office in the Chinese City of Xuzhou, said Belarus is considered a promising trade and venture partner, the Belarus Press Service said on Friday.
The statement was made ahead of Chinese President Xi Jinping's arrival in Minsk on Sunday to sign several trade and other economic deals with Belarus. Lianyu said the country is considered a viable partner as the Silk Road Economic Belt coalition of nations continues to crystalize, based on current and past cooperative projects between Belarus and Xuzhou.
Lianyu said the Xuzhou-Mozyr twinning agreement also will strengthen economic ties between Belarus and China. This agreement is expected to be signed later this year. Lianyu also said the city intends to seek out joint manufacturing projects with Belarus and would like to increase the amount of Belarusian milk that it imports. Lianyu also mentioned that there is interest from Xuzhou medical and pharmaceutical companies to collaborate on medicine production and to utilize the country's research products and expertise.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Belarus ?
Next time we write about Government of Belarus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"