PrivatBank said on Friday that it has launched an online program in which clients can verify purchases to increase security against fraudulent payments.
When clients of the bank make a purchase online, they will be required to use the bank's system to verify that a fraudulent transaction did not take place. Payments to online vendors will not be made until the client verifies the purchase.
"Previously, to implement risk charges on which our security system asked further authorization of the client, he had to confirm payment by telephone," Alexander Sokolovsky, PrivatBank's head of internal control and fraud protection, said.
"Now we ask the customer to confirm Privat24 payment using self on-camera smartphone or computer, or enter a PIN code card. It is convenient, especially if the client is on holiday or abroad, quickly ensuring exceptional security payments. "
Clients will be asked to confirm information in line with their account as part of the self-authorization process.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Privat Bank - Kyiv Regional Office - Ukraine ?
Next time we write about Privat Bank - Kyiv Regional Office - Ukraine, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia