Armenian Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan and his Cabinet met on Thursday to discuss issues relating to project implementation units (PIUs) and other matters.
The Cabinet approved a bill that would lead to investment in the recycling of waste materials produced by several copper and molybdenum combines nationwide, with approximately 1,000 permanent and 500 temporary jobs created during the first stage of the program.
Abrahamyan emphasized the importance of keeping PIU leadership free of corruption.
“Over many years, multibillion-dollar investments have been carried out in the country through project implementation units," Abrahamyan said. "Meanwhile, corruption scandals and shortfalls are talked about more than the achievements. At the latest meeting, I strictly warned the PIU supervisors to refrain from any act of corruption. Otherwise, not only will such officials be dismissed, but I will personally see that those responsible for mismanagement be inflicted severe punishments.”
The situation in Syria was also discussed, Abrahamyan referred to a recent rocket attack on Aleppo and said the government will make accommodations to support and house children from the affected area.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Armenia ?
Next time we write about Government of Armenia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders