Armenian Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan and his Cabinet met on Thursday to discuss issues relating to project implementation units (PIUs) and other matters.
The Cabinet approved a bill that would lead to investment in the recycling of waste materials produced by several copper and molybdenum combines nationwide, with approximately 1,000 permanent and 500 temporary jobs created during the first stage of the program.
Abrahamyan emphasized the importance of keeping PIU leadership free of corruption.
“Over many years, multibillion-dollar investments have been carried out in the country through project implementation units," Abrahamyan said. "Meanwhile, corruption scandals and shortfalls are talked about more than the achievements. At the latest meeting, I strictly warned the PIU supervisors to refrain from any act of corruption. Otherwise, not only will such officials be dismissed, but I will personally see that those responsible for mismanagement be inflicted severe punishments.”
The situation in Syria was also discussed, Abrahamyan referred to a recent rocket attack on Aleppo and said the government will make accommodations to support and house children from the affected area.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Armenia ?
Next time we write about Government of Armenia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar