Armenian Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan and his Cabinet met on Thursday to discuss issues relating to project implementation units (PIUs) and other matters.
The Cabinet approved a bill that would lead to investment in the recycling of waste materials produced by several copper and molybdenum combines nationwide, with approximately 1,000 permanent and 500 temporary jobs created during the first stage of the program.
Abrahamyan emphasized the importance of keeping PIU leadership free of corruption.
“Over many years, multibillion-dollar investments have been carried out in the country through project implementation units," Abrahamyan said. "Meanwhile, corruption scandals and shortfalls are talked about more than the achievements. At the latest meeting, I strictly warned the PIU supervisors to refrain from any act of corruption. Otherwise, not only will such officials be dismissed, but I will personally see that those responsible for mismanagement be inflicted severe punishments.”
The situation in Syria was also discussed, Abrahamyan referred to a recent rocket attack on Aleppo and said the government will make accommodations to support and house children from the affected area.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Armenia ?
Next time we write about Government of Armenia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays