Preliminary data from the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) indicates that its international reserves rose to approximately $9.6 billion as of May 1, the bank said on Thursday.
Major factors that weighed on this total were principal debt and interest payments on external sovereign bonds and government securities, and to the International Monetary Fund. Total payments amounted to $737 million when interest is included.
The NBU also sold $240 million worth in foreign-exchange interventions, of which $140 million in targeted interventions were sold to Naftogaz of Ukraine NJSC, helping to boost international reserves. The bank also purchased $158 million in foreign-exchange funds.
The bank said the $161 million yielded after Chinese yuan were converted
into U.S. dollars in foreign-exchange transactions and a disbursement of approximately $280 million from the European Commission to the Ukrainian government
also contributed to the increase in international reserves.
The NBU said the amount of funding held by the international reserves will be enough to satisfy foreign-debt obligations that the government and the NBU currently hold and to sustain current operations.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business