Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko met with farmers in Alexandria on Saturday to discuss issues and challenges relating to agriculture, especially regarding land ownership.
The consensus among farmers was that the need to rent assets remains an obstacle. The farmers said it would be easier if the ownership of facilities could be transferred to them.
The farmers indicated that if they owned the facilities, they would be willing to maintain and develop them and undertake necessary modernization of the assets and facilities.
“This is not a case where the state must hold on to the assets such as, for example, an old pig farm, which would have been destroyed long ago," Lukashenko said. "I think we need to think through all the issues related to the ownership and solve them.”
indicated that this was an issue that would need to be worked on and that public opinion and society at large would have to play a role in the decision-making process.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Belarus ?
Next time we write about Government of Belarus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders