Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko met with farmers in Alexandria on Saturday to discuss issues and challenges relating to agriculture, especially regarding land ownership.
The consensus among farmers was that the need to rent assets remains an obstacle. The farmers said it would be easier if the ownership of facilities could be transferred to them.
The farmers indicated that if they owned the facilities, they would be willing to maintain and develop them and undertake necessary modernization of the assets and facilities.
“This is not a case where the state must hold on to the assets such as, for example, an old pig farm, which would have been destroyed long ago," Lukashenko said. "I think we need to think through all the issues related to the ownership and solve them.”
indicated that this was an issue that would need to be worked on and that public opinion and society at large would have to play a role in the decision-making process.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Government of Belarus ?
Next time we write about Government of Belarus, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has 13 new employees
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ArmSwissBank Made Coupon Payments of Corporate Bonds
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Provides Seminars and Trainings within the Women in Business Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank supports Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team