The Lviv Business School announced recently that it will hold the first-ever Smart Energy Forum in Ukraine this weekend.
The forum, hosted by the the Lviv Business School's various programs, will include a one-day conference on May 16 and a two-day Smart Energy Hackathon from May 17-18.
Forum experts will explore the latest developments regarding sustainable economic and energy models, technologies and R&D projects, policies to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy production, as well as how the energy and IT sector converge for achieving tangible results with small investments.
Keynote speakers will include Blake Burris, the founder and chief hacktivist at the Cleanweb Initiative; Yoram Krozer, a senior researcher at the University of Twente and the founder of the Cartesius Institute at the Institute for Sustainable Innovations of the Netherlands; Microsoft Ukraine CEO Dmytro Shymkiv; Katharina Habersbrunner, the renewable energy manager at Munich-based Women in Europe for a Common Future; and Natalia Shulha, the executive director of the Ukrainian Science Club.
Teams taking part in the hackathon will be challenged to сreate solutions to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy use in the city of Lviv and at the Ukrainian Catholic University, which is considered to be Ukraine’s greenest campus.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia