The Lviv Business School announced recently that it will hold the first-ever Smart Energy Forum in Ukraine this weekend.
The forum, hosted by the the Lviv Business School's various programs, will include a one-day conference on May 16 and a two-day Smart Energy Hackathon from May 17-18.
Forum experts will explore the latest developments regarding sustainable economic and energy models, technologies and R&D projects, policies to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy production, as well as how the energy and IT sector converge for achieving tangible results with small investments.
Keynote speakers will include Blake Burris, the founder and chief hacktivist at the Cleanweb Initiative; Yoram Krozer, a senior researcher at the University of Twente and the founder of the Cartesius Institute at the Institute for Sustainable Innovations of the Netherlands; Microsoft Ukraine CEO Dmytro Shymkiv; Katharina Habersbrunner, the renewable energy manager at Munich-based Women in Europe for a Common Future; and Natalia Shulha, the executive director of the Ukrainian Science Club.
Teams taking part in the hackathon will be challenged to сreate solutions to increase energy efficiency and renewable energy use in the city of Lviv and at the Ukrainian Catholic University, which is considered to be Ukraine’s greenest campus.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership