The Brookings Institution recently announced that former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright will present the 10th annual Sakip Sabanci Lecture on May 1 in Washington, D.C.
Albright will speak about Turkey’s political and economic development during a period of rapid global transformation. She will also explore how Turkey’s evolution is shaping its relationship with the U.S., its connection with Europe and its contributions to solving global and regional challenges.
The speech will take place at the institution's Center on the United States and Europe.
Albright is chair of Albright Stonebridge Group, a global strategy firm. She was named the first female secretary of state in 1997. She was the highest ranking woman in the history of the U.S. government, at the time.
Brookings President Strobe Talbott and Güler Sabancı, the chair of the board of trustees of Sabancı University, will provide introductory remarks. The event will be broadcast via videoconference to students in Istanbul and a wider overseas audience.
The Sakip Sabanci Lecture Series features international statesman and examines Turkey’s changing role in the world. The series honors the memory of Sakip Sabanci, one of Turkey’s foremost business leaders, an ardent supporter of democratic and economic reforms and an advocate of the country's efforts to join the European Union.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar