The Brookings Institution recently announced that former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright will present the 10th annual Sakip Sabanci Lecture on May 1 in Washington, D.C.
Albright will speak about Turkey’s political and economic development during a period of rapid global transformation. She will also explore how Turkey’s evolution is shaping its relationship with the U.S., its connection with Europe and its contributions to solving global and regional challenges.
The speech will take place at the institution's Center on the United States and Europe.
Albright is chair of Albright Stonebridge Group, a global strategy firm. She was named the first female secretary of state in 1997. She was the highest ranking woman in the history of the U.S. government, at the time.
Brookings President Strobe Talbott and Güler Sabancı, the chair of the board of trustees of Sabancı University, will provide introductory remarks. The event will be broadcast via videoconference to students in Istanbul and a wider overseas audience.
The Sakip Sabanci Lecture Series features international statesman and examines Turkey’s changing role in the world. The series honors the memory of Sakip Sabanci, one of Turkey’s foremost business leaders, an ardent supporter of democratic and economic reforms and an advocate of the country's efforts to join the European Union.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business