British magazine "The Banker" recently named the International Bank of Azerbaijan "The Bank of the Year," underlining its successful recapitalization and introduction of Islam banking as among its advantages.
The International Bank of Azerbaijan is a major state-owned bank that holds at least 40 percent of all bank assets in the country, Azernews reports.
The award was given to Rufat Imamverdiyev, the head of IBA's representative office in London, at a Nov. 28 ceremony.
The IBA was established in 1990s as a successor of the Azerbaijani branch of Vnesheconombank. IBA holds a leading position in the domestic banking sector. Its main shareholder is the government, which holds a 50.2 percent stake. The rest of the bank is owned by private individuals and legal entities, according to Azernews.
The Banker noted IBA's growth of capital, which exceeded the growth of its assets allowing it to improv its capital ratio and create the basement for an increase of crediting.
"It became one of the important competitive advantages of the IBA and significantly improved its financial stability. It allowed the Bank to increase the number of its active transactions, implement strategic initiatives in all directions of its activity including introduction of the up-to-date system of client interaction management," the magazine said, Azernews reports.
IBA's authorized capital is currently $470 million.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business