Following a meeting between Lithuanian Minister of Agriculture Virginija Baltraitiene and Alexei Bogdanov, the head of the main department for foreign economic activity of Belarus' Agriculture and Food Ministry, Lithuanian businessmen were invited to invest in Belarusian processing companies.
"We have suggested investing in the Belarusian processing industry," Bogdanov said. "Belarus and Lithuania could set up joint ventures to process milk, meat, fruit and vegetables in Belarus and export the products to the Customs Union member states."
Baltraitiene's Lithuanian delegation studied a list of companies in need of foreign investments and promised to discuss Belarus' proposals with interested businessmen in the near future.
The possibility of boosting bilateral trade was also discussed, as were the expansion of contracts and an increase of cooperation between the veterinary services to protects animals from African swine flu.
"Another important point on the agenda was the export of Lithuanian products to Belarus and a possibility to deliver them further to Russia," Bogdanov said. "The Agriculture and Food Ministry of Belarus assured the Lithuanian delegation that Belarus has not supported and will not support illegal re-export. We have agreements with Russia that we strictly observe and we do not allow illegal re-export of products from countries subject to Russia's embargo."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar