Azerbaijan invested $89.9 million in Georgia last year, making it the fourth largest investor in that country in 2013.
The Netherlands ranked third, with 16 percent of the total foreign direct investment in Georgia, followed by Luxembourg, with a 15 percent share, and China, with a 10 percent share, AzerNews reports.
In the first quarter of this year, Azerbaijan invested $47 million in Georgia, making it the second largest foreign investor for the period.
Azerbaijani investments are spread between infrastructure, energy, industry, transport, construction and tourism, according to AzerNews.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"