BTA Bank announced on Monday that Expert RA Kazakhstan rating agency (RAEX) has confirmed its credit rating and the reliability of its bonds at B+.
Positive factors included the high level of the bank's capital adequacy, the diversification of large credit risks, the high quality of its securities portfolio and the development of its branch network.
Negative factors included the high industry concentration of its loan portfolio, a negative profitability ratio, a high level of currency risk and a low liquidity ratio.
"This year there was a change in the ownership of the Bank, which may result in a business model change and the growth of the risks associated with operating and financial activities," Zhanadiar Raissova, the head of the RAEX rating unit, said. "This factor is negatively evaluated by the Agency. The National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan has ranked BTA Bank third in terms of assets and second in terms of loan portfolio size among the country's banks.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar