The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) placed $109.8 million as part of its tenge-denominated securities in Kazakhstan on Monday.
The placement was made at the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange through a special auction, with the bonds holding a coupon rate of 7.2 percent per annum, maturing in five years. Proceeds from the placement will finance the bank's project operations in Kazakhstan.
"We are satisfied with this placement, which took place after the break caused by the reform of pension funds in Kazakhstan," EDB Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Dmitry Krasilnikov said. "The pricing conditions meet the requirements of the National Bank of Kazakhstan, which is an anchor investor in EDB bonds on behalf of the GNPF, and the expectations of EDB itself, which plans to use the raised money to increase its project portfolio. We hope that in the future the range of investors in our securities will expand to a certain extent and the conditions of raising funds in the tenge will be predictable."
EDB made its first placement of tenge-denominated bonds in December 2012 for a total of $54.3 million, maturing in 2017. A second bond issue was registered in April 2013 within the first bond program totaling $219.7 million.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies