As part of its ongoing assistance program for existing Ukrainian corporate clients, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) will provide a $13 million loan to Globino, Ukraine's leading meat processing company.
Globino, based in the Poltava region, will used the loan to address its liquidity and working capital needs and to overcome the difficulties and constraints fused by the financial crisis and the reduced availability of external funding.
"We know how important the agribusiness sector is for the Ukrainian economy," EBRD Director for Ukraine Sevki Acuner said. "We welcome this signing because it allows us to support the growth of a strong local company. This new loan demonstrates our continuous commitment to Globino as a long-term partner."
Agribusiness is seen as a key growth driver for the Ukrainian economy, with more than $160 million provided by the EBRD to various agribusiness clients in Ukraine since the start of 2014.
A $25 million loan was signed by the EBRD in 2011 for the Globino Group to modernize its Globinsky Meat Plant and Globinsky Pig Complex.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar