The first Belarus-U.S. investment forum, to be held in New York on Sept. 22, will include more than 50 representatives from transnational companies, international financial institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Applications to participate in the forum have been submitted by Culligan International President and CEO Scott Clawson; head of the IMF mission in Belarus David Hoffman; Glenn Schweitzer, the director of the Office for Central Europe and Eurasia at the U.S. National Academies; and Arkady Dobkin, the co-founder, president and chairman of the Board of EPAM Systems, BelTA reports.
Additionally, more than 500 invitations have been sent to other potential participants.
The forum will provide direct communication between business representatives and the government, with participants receiving information about investment potential in Belarus.
"The first [Belarus-U.S.] investment forum will serve as an open ground to discuss investments between representatives of the government and potential investors," NAIP Director Natalia Nikandrova said, according to BelTA. "I am convinced that the joint work at the forum will help enhance Belarus' investment appeal and promote its image as a reliable business and investment partner."
Belarusian Prime Minister Mikhail Myasnikovich is expected to lead the Belarusian delegation, which will also include representatives of the Belarusian Development Bank, ministries of finance and economy, the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the National Bank of Belarus, the Hi-Tech Park and the company promoting the Chinese-Belarusian industrial park.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"