The first Belarus-U.S. investment forum, to be held in New York on Sept. 22, will include more than 50 representatives from transnational companies, international financial institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Applications to participate in the forum have been submitted by Culligan International President and CEO Scott Clawson; head of the IMF mission in Belarus David Hoffman; Glenn Schweitzer, the director of the Office for Central Europe and Eurasia at the U.S. National Academies; and Arkady Dobkin, the co-founder, president and chairman of the Board of EPAM Systems, BelTA reports.
Additionally, more than 500 invitations have been sent to other potential participants.
The forum will provide direct communication between business representatives and the government, with participants receiving information about investment potential in Belarus.
"The first [Belarus-U.S.] investment forum will serve as an open ground to discuss investments between representatives of the government and potential investors," NAIP Director Natalia Nikandrova said, according to BelTA. "I am convinced that the joint work at the forum will help enhance Belarus' investment appeal and promote its image as a reliable business and investment partner."
Belarusian Prime Minister Mikhail Myasnikovich is expected to lead the Belarusian delegation, which will also include representatives of the Belarusian Development Bank, ministries of finance and economy, the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the National Bank of Belarus, the Hi-Tech Park and the company promoting the Chinese-Belarusian industrial park.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso