Armenian Prime Minister Hovik Abrahamyan chaired a cabinet sitting last Thursday to approve the main provisions for construction and operation of a 540 megawatt (MW) gas power plant.
Anaklia IEP Holding asked the Armenian government for a license to build the gas power station in Armenia and showed a willingness to finance the construction of the power plant. The plant, operated with a General Electric-manufactured gas turbine, would contribute to the development of Armenia's energy capacity.
Abrahamyan stressed the importance of the plant to Armenia, calling its construction a priority for the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources and an important task for the government.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays