Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko said this week that managers must take advantage of favorable situations to pull the economy out of crisis.
Lukashenko, who spoke during the announcement of new appointments, said he will assess the performance of business managers during the period of January through September, with the most talented personnel made redundant during the government staff optimization campaign to be appointed executives of enterprises.
"The situation is complicated, yet there are some encouraging opportunities," Lukashenko said. "We need to seize the moment and pull our economy out of the teeth of the crisis. Smart managers should do this. Today, the main focus is not just the economy but the performance of enterprises, labor collectives."
Lukashenko addressed newly appointed Minsk Tractor Works General Director Fyodor Domotenko, saying that the tractor works is not just a factory but is a holding company united 10 companies and the face of the country.
"Do not pay attention to all sorts of intricacies," Lukashenko said. "If you have organizational problems, reach out to the president directly. I will support you in all matters, of course, reasonable matters. These may be difficult decisions but I will support you if this contributes to an increase in the output, product quality and marketing of these products. Pay special attention to trading houses and dealer network outside. Do not cover anyone. You do not need the old sins. Let those who have created the mess be held accountable for this. Pick up a team of reliable people who want to work, and get down to work."
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank "Became a Santa" for the Children of Artsvashen
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Information on the work of the bank from December 31, 2019 to January 8, 2020
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank: New Year eager to donate to charity
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: BSTDB Increases Support to Agribusiness in Ukraine
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Eurasian Development Bank has collected applications for the issue of short-term bonds in rubles in the amount of 3 billion rubles
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, XacBank Sign Private Sector Loan to Support MSMEs in Mongolia