Monetary regulators from China and Russia recently agreed to a draft document on national currency swaps that is currently at the approval procedures stage, according to Russia's central bank.
The volume of national currency swaps, as well as the the time of their launch, is dependent on the demand for the instrument.
The swap agreement is expected to boost the potential for the use of Russian rubles and Chinese yuan in trade settlements, with the agreement serving as an additional instrument to ensure international financial stability while offering a possibility to obtain liquidity in critical situations.
"The agreement will stimulate further development of direct trade in yuans and rubles on the domestic foreign exchange markets of Russia and China," the Central Bank of Russia said.
The idea for the currency swaps was put forward by Russian President Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Shanghai in May as a means of creating new mechanisms to manage Russia's and China's foreign exchange reserves and make the ruble and yuan more resilient.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank