Entrepreneurs from Uzbekistan and Japan recently took part in a business forum at the International Business Center in Tashkent.
Participants included heads of corporations as well as representatives of government ministries and agencies involved in several areas, including trade and investments, banking and finance, tourism, electronics, information technologies, textiles and chemicals.
The two countries signed a Joint Declaration on Friendship, Strategic Partnership and Cooperation in 2002.
"Japan is interested in the development of wide-scale and mutually advantageous cooperation with Uzbekistan," Mamoru Sekiyama, the chairman of the Japan-Uzbekistan Committee for Economic Cooperation and the vice chairman of Marubeni Corp., said. "Uzbekistan is a steadily advancing and economically dynamic country. Noteworthy in particular is the fact that within the last nine years, the growth of gross domestic product in your country has been at least eight percent. The volume of trade turnover between Japan and Uzbekistan has been increasing constantly. Our two nations wield an enormous potential in boosting these indicators. The current forum serves to reveal new edges in the mutually advantageous cooperation, to achieve constructive agreements and further consolidate our partnership."
At the end of the forum, the Uzinfoinvest Agency of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Uzbek Investments and Trade and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) signed a memorandum of understanding.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders