President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev warned on Wednesday that Urkaine's GDP will decline this year as a result of ongoing conflicts.
Ukraine's GDP decline by year's end will reach at least six percent, Nazarbayev said, while inflation is expected grow to 20 percent with major depreciation of the national currency.
"We cannot but worry about this and we cannot but take this into account," Nazarbayev said. "We have economic and human ties with the Ukrainian people, trade contracts. Kazakh people are seriously concerned over the Ukrainian developments, feel compassion for ordinary people in their tragedies. From the bottom of our hearts we urge all the conflict sides to sit down at the negotiating table and find solutions for ending the bloodshed in a trust-based, candid dialogue."
Anti-crisis plans were developed to deal with such an event, according to Kazakh Minister of Economy and Budget Planning Erbolat Dosayev.
"Taking into account the growing world economy risks, the ministry today is engaged in system-based monitoring of the dynamics of the internal and external economic indicators and their effects on the economy," Dosayev said. "Anti-crisis plans, depending on different economy scenarios, have been worked out in co-operation with state agencies. In addition, a separate plan of measures has been worked out at your [President Nazarbayev's] instructions in case more sanctions are imposed on Russia and the situation around Ukraine aggravates further. The plan will be updated in September 2014."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar