The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced on Wednesday that Shang-Jin Wei, a professor of finance and economics at Columbia Business School in New York City, has assumed the position of chief economist of the ADB.
Wei will head the ADB's economics and research department, which conducts policy research, coordinates with the international community and produces its publications on economic projections and trends in the Asia Pacific region.
"ADB is the region's premier development partner, and I am excited to lead its economics team," Wei said. "I look forward to working with governments and academia across the region and beyond on research that will contribute to the continued growth and development of Asia and the Pacific."
Born in China, Wei is a U.S. national with a varied career in academia and international finance, including top positions at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), according to the ADB.
Wei earned a doctorate in economics and a master's degree in finance from the University of California at Berkeley. He also holds a master's degree in economics from Pennsylvania State University, as well as a bachelor's degree in world economy from China's Fudan University.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar