The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced on Wednesday that Shang-Jin Wei, a professor of finance and economics at Columbia Business School in New York City, has assumed the position of chief economist of the ADB.
Wei will head the ADB's economics and research department, which conducts policy research, coordinates with the international community and produces its publications on economic projections and trends in the Asia Pacific region.
"ADB is the region's premier development partner, and I am excited to lead its economics team," Wei said. "I look forward to working with governments and academia across the region and beyond on research that will contribute to the continued growth and development of Asia and the Pacific."
Born in China, Wei is a U.S. national with a varied career in academia and international finance, including top positions at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), according to the ADB.
Wei earned a doctorate in economics and a master's degree in finance from the University of California at Berkeley. He also holds a master's degree in economics from Pennsylvania State University, as well as a bachelor's degree in world economy from China's Fudan University.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders