Moldovan Prime Minister Iurie Leanca held a phone conversation with Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan earlier this week to discuss issues of mutual interest.
According to the Moldovan government's website, Erdogan congratulated Leanca on Moldova's signing of the Association Agreement with the European Union, saying that it bring greater prosperity to the country.
The two premiers also discussed bilateral ties and the situation in Moldova, including in the southern Gagauz region, which has played an important role in Moldovan-Turkish relations.
The officials said they welcomed the establishment of a dialogue between Moldovan ministers and members of the Popular Assembly of Gagauz-Yeri. Leanca said a working group has held several joint meetings and drafted a law that would amend legislation in the region. In addition, a draft law on Gagauz-Yeri's special legal status will be voted on in its second reading in Parliament.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar