Commerzbank recently awarded Belarusbank for its cooperation with foreign financial institutions in the area of foreign trade finance.
Belarusbank Chairman Sergei Pisarik was presented with the award for excellent cooperation based on performance in 2013 by Hovsep Voskanyan, the head of Commerzbank's Belarusian office.
Pisarik said Belarusbank strives to maintain strict compliance with its obligations to western counterparties.
"Using external sources we finance the import of complex technical products and high-tech equipment, and the construction of large facilities," Pisarik said. "These are significant investments in the country's economy. Supporting the real production sector is the core business area of our bank."
Belarusbank, which has been a partner of Commerzbank for more than 20 years, is the largest financial institution in Belarus, with more than 100 banking products.
The bank is, to date, the leader among banks in the nation in terms of capital and authorized funds, total assets, number of outlets, volume of loans given to clients, bulk payment and international business.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia