The Central Bank of Azerbaijan's management board held a meeting recently to discuss the country's economic growth in the first half of this year.
According to a press release from the central bank, the board said the economy has continued its dynamic growth pattern, with national income and welfare improving in the first six months of 2014.
Economic growth was 2.1 percent in the first half, with a seven percent increase in the non-oil economy. Inflation in the period dropped to 1.6 percent.
Consequently, in order to further stimulate economic growth, the board decided to reduce the refinancing rate to 3.5 percent from 4.25 percent effective July 30. The interest rate corridor also underwent changes, with the ceiling shifting from six percent to five percent and the floor moving from 0.5 percent to 0.1 percent.
At the same time, reserve requirements on all bank deposits have dropped from three percent to two percent.
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia