Azerbaijan's VTB Bank announced last week that the bank's supervisory board has appointed Yuri Yakovlev as chairman of its management board.
According to a press release from VTB, Yakovlev assumed his position last month after certification by the Central Bank of Azerbaijan. He has been at VTB Group since 2006 and was appointed to head the New Delhi branch in 2011.
"Yuri Yakovlev has significant financial sector experience," First Deputy President and Chairman of VTB Bank Vasily Titov said. "He has successfully managed the task of running VTB Bank's subsidiary in India efficiently. We believe that under his guidance, VTB Bank will actively continue to grow its business while strengthening key financial indicators."
Yakovlev is a graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Foreign Ministry, holds a doctorate in economics and is an expert on international trade and economic relations.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays