Bank Saint Petersburg's (BSPB) supervisory board passed a resolution last week convening an extraordinary general shareholders' meeting on Sept. 30 to review consolidating Bank Evropeisky with BSPB.
BSPB's transaction to acquire 100 percent interest in Bank Evropeisky passed on Feb. 10, according to a Bank Saint Petersburg press release.
"The consolidation of Bank Evropeisky is in line with our strategy to scale and apply the efficient business model of our bank in the Russian North-West," Alexander Savelyev, the chairman of the BSPB's management board, said. "We are very satisfied with the transaction we closed early in this year. Bank Evropeisky is showing good results. Completion of the corporate action to consolidate it will allow Bank Saint Petersburg to increase its equity for future business expansion and create a synergistic effect due to, among other things, active business growth in the Kaliningrad region."
Plans have been discussed to reorganize Bank Evropeisky, currently operating as a subsidiary of BSPB, as the Evropeisky branch of BSPB.
Bank Evropeisky has equity of $31.9 million as of July 1 and boasts approximately 35,900 retail and 8,800 corporate customers.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia