Bank Saint Petersburg's (BSPB) supervisory board passed a resolution last week convening an extraordinary general shareholders' meeting on Sept. 30 to review consolidating Bank Evropeisky with BSPB.
BSPB's transaction to acquire 100 percent interest in Bank Evropeisky passed on Feb. 10, according to a Bank Saint Petersburg press release.
"The consolidation of Bank Evropeisky is in line with our strategy to scale and apply the efficient business model of our bank in the Russian North-West," Alexander Savelyev, the chairman of the BSPB's management board, said. "We are very satisfied with the transaction we closed early in this year. Bank Evropeisky is showing good results. Completion of the corporate action to consolidate it will allow Bank Saint Petersburg to increase its equity for future business expansion and create a synergistic effect due to, among other things, active business growth in the Kaliningrad region."
Plans have been discussed to reorganize Bank Evropeisky, currently operating as a subsidiary of BSPB, as the Evropeisky branch of BSPB.
Bank Evropeisky has equity of $31.9 million as of July 1 and boasts approximately 35,900 retail and 8,800 corporate customers.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC