The International Monetary Fund (IMF) announced on Wednesday that Reza Moghadam, the director of the organization's Europe division, has submitted his resignation.
Moghadam will assume his position as vice chairman of global capital markets at Morgan Stanley in the fall, according to an IMF press release.
The IMF said that Moghadam, who was appointed director of the European department in 2011, has helped to shape some of the fund's most critical work in Europe in recent years.
"Reza led our engagement with European policymakers, was responsible for our lending operations in the Euro Area, and spearheaded the Fund's response from one crisis to the next--including the most recent challenge in Ukraine," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said. "I have highly valued the incredible energy and creativity that Reza has brought to every task--from his capacity for crisis management to his effectiveness as a communicator, his full-on management style and ability to attract and nurture talent."
Before heading the European department, Moghadam served as director of strategy, policy and review at the IMF beginning in 2008.
"Leaving the Fund has not been an easy decision, and I go with a heavy heart," Moghadam said. "It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with such very talented colleagues for the past 22 years--staff, management and the executive board. It has also been a privilege to work with committed policymakers across the globe. But I look forward to a new chapter in my life and a new career, and to being back home in the U.K. with my family."
Poul Thomsen has been appointed acting director of the European department while the IMF carries out a search for Moghadam's successor.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso