India's Charge d'Affaires to Uzbekistan, Devinder Kumar Sharma, praised the country's foreign policy and economic development on Tuesday ahead of the 23rd anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence from the Soviet Union.
He said India values its ties with Uzbekistan, adding that the state visits between leaders of the two countries have helped to strengthen the strategic partnership, UzA reports.
"The intensity of collaboration between our countries has been expanding year by year," Kumar Sharma said, according to UzA. "Political, trade-economic, scientific and technological, social and cultural cooperation is consistently developing. The effective collaboration is being maintained in the fields such as information technologies, mining industry, energy, textile, agriculture and pharmaceuticals."
Kumar Sharma said that in addition to trade and economic interests, Uzbekistan and India also have similar outlooks on regional and international issues.
"Uzbekistan is attracting great attention of the world with its successful foreign policy and high development," Kumar Sharma said, UzA reports. "The practical efforts of President Islam Karimov on the settlement of disputes, differences and conflicts, which are occurring in various regions, in a peaceful way by means of political discussions should be precisely underlined. [The] country is assisting in the establishment of peace, reconstruction of infrastructure and development of economy of the neighboring country, Afghanistan. It is of utmost importance in the development of countries and in the development of Uzbek and Indian relations."
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso