Russian regions with borders adjacent to Belarus recently to help in the construction of Belarusian neighborhoods, according to the chief architect of the Belgosproyekt Institute.
Anatoly Shabalin, the head of the institute, told reporters last Friday that the institute has developed several plans to construct Belarusian neighborhoods following guidelines put forth by the Belarusian government, BelTA reports.
"The Russian side is interested in the construction of such neighborhoods," Shabalin said, according to BelTA. "These projects arouse the biggest interested in the Russian regions bordering on Belarus, as these projects will make most economic sense there; besides, it will be more convenient and less costly for the Vitebsk house building factory to deliver its products there."
Shabalin said construction sites are already planned for the projects.
"Our specialists are to go there and study the sites," Shabalin said, BelTA reports. "We also suggest implementing such projects in other Russian regions, like Kaliningrad Oblast, the towns of Veliky Novgorod, Mytishchi and others."
Talks are underway to construct similar neighborhoods in Saint Petersburg.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso