Moldovan parliamentary speaker Igor Corman met a European Parliament delegation led by Manfred Weber, the chairman of the European People's Party's (EPP) parliamentary group, in Chisinau last Friday.
The two sides discussed cooperation between the Moldovan and European parliaments, Moldovan ties with the EU and Moldova's internal situation, according to a press release from the Moldovan government.
Corman thanked the European Parliament for its support on visa liberalization and the signing of the Association Agreement between his country and the EU.
"We are interested in further using the existing platforms, primarily with the Parliamentary Cooperation Committee, as well as the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly to promote our interests, aimed at the exemplary implementation of the Association Agreement with the EU," Corman said in the release. "Thus, in the foreseeable future, we will be able to discuss the membership application and everything else related to the EU accession process."
Elmar Brok, the chairman of the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, said the parliament would speed up the process of ratification of the Association Agreement, adding that Moldova is a "small, but strategically important country for the EU."
EPP Vice Chairman Sandra Kalniete and Cristian Preda, the EPP group coordinator on the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, were also part of the delegation.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders