Moldovan parliamentary speaker Igor Corman met a European Parliament delegation led by Manfred Weber, the chairman of the European People's Party's (EPP) parliamentary group, in Chisinau last Friday.
The two sides discussed cooperation between the Moldovan and European parliaments, Moldovan ties with the EU and Moldova's internal situation, according to a press release from the Moldovan government.
Corman thanked the European Parliament for its support on visa liberalization and the signing of the Association Agreement between his country and the EU.
"We are interested in further using the existing platforms, primarily with the Parliamentary Cooperation Committee, as well as the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly to promote our interests, aimed at the exemplary implementation of the Association Agreement with the EU," Corman said in the release. "Thus, in the foreseeable future, we will be able to discuss the membership application and everything else related to the EU accession process."
Elmar Brok, the chairman of the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, said the parliament would speed up the process of ratification of the Association Agreement, adding that Moldova is a "small, but strategically important country for the EU."
EPP Vice Chairman Sandra Kalniete and Cristian Preda, the EPP group coordinator on the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, were also part of the delegation.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar