Moldovan parliamentary speaker Igor Corman met a European Parliament delegation led by Manfred Weber, the chairman of the European People's Party's (EPP) parliamentary group, in Chisinau last Friday.
The two sides discussed cooperation between the Moldovan and European parliaments, Moldovan ties with the EU and Moldova's internal situation, according to a press release from the Moldovan government.
Corman thanked the European Parliament for its support on visa liberalization and the signing of the Association Agreement between his country and the EU.
"We are interested in further using the existing platforms, primarily with the Parliamentary Cooperation Committee, as well as the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly to promote our interests, aimed at the exemplary implementation of the Association Agreement with the EU," Corman said in the release. "Thus, in the foreseeable future, we will be able to discuss the membership application and everything else related to the EU accession process."
Elmar Brok, the chairman of the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, said the parliament would speed up the process of ratification of the Association Agreement, adding that Moldova is a "small, but strategically important country for the EU."
EPP Vice Chairman Sandra Kalniete and Cristian Preda, the EPP group coordinator on the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee, were also part of the delegation.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays