Belarusbank is for the first time one of the top 400 banks in the world, according to The Banker's annual ranking of the 1,000 largest financial institutions.
Belarusbank has moved from the 412th position to the 399th spot, the only Belarusian bank in the top half of the rankings, BelTA reports.
In addition, Belarusbank is 14th among Central and Eastern Europe's 25th largest banks in terms of tier one capital.
Belarusbank is the largest financial institution in the country, offering more than 100 banking products and services to its client. The Republic of Belarus holds nearly 98 percent of the bank's authorized capital, according to BelTA.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso