The International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) held its top position in the recently released CIS Banking Market Leaders.
The rankings, prepared by rating agency experts at RIA, showed the IBA is the 31st largest CIS bank as of early 2014, rising from a 2013 ranking of 34th. The ranking includes 200 of the largest entities in the CIS banking market, according to ABC.az.
IBA assets totaled $9.79 billion as of Jan. 1, according to RIA, accounting for 37.7 percent of the total assets of Azerbaijan's banking system, posting growth of 24.5 percent compared to the same term's index in 2013.
The IBA, headquartered in Baku, consists of 36 branches and 95 service outlets in more than 40 cities. The bank has the largest asset scope, customer base and international business of all banks within the South Caucasus region. It counts more than 30,000 corporate customers and 400,000 individual customers, with almost all large and medium companies operating in Azerbaijan operating as IBA customers, ABC.az reports.
The IBA is one of the world's 1,000 largest and most stable banks as of 2013.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"