Provisory implementation of the provision of the European Union's Association Agreement with Moldova will be accelerated to allow Moldova to obtain early benefits, according to European Commissioner for Enlargement and Neighborhood Policy Stefan Fule.
Fule, speaking during a plenary session of the council on foreign relations for the Eastern Partnership in Brussels on July 22, said the EU will help Moldova face provocations through the provision of political support and technical and financial assistance, according to a press release.
"These measures are taken as reaction to evolution in the region and as reply to commercial restrictions imposed by Russia to Moldova," Fule said, adding that "the signing of the Association Agreement with EU is an historic moment, which opens another level of ties between the states."
The Association Agreement with the European Union was signed by Moldova on June 27. Under the procedures, the treaty must be ratified by the 28 EU member states and enters into force on the first day of the second month after the last ratification instrument is submitted.
Four member state parliaments--Romania, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia--have ratified the agreement to date.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays