The International Monetary Fund announced recently that it sent a mission to Kiev from in June to hold discussions on the first review under the stand-by Arrangement on Ukraine's economic reform program.
"The mission has reached understanding with the Ukrainian authorities on the policies necessary for the completion of the first review under the SBA," Nikolay Gueorguiev, the IMF mission chief for Ukraine, said, according to a press release. "In this regard, the authorities have committed to take a number of policy actions prior to the completion of the review. As is usual practice, the understandings reached with the authorities are subject to approval by the Executive Board. The completion of the review would enable the disbursement of about $1.4 million."
Gueorguiev said the policies, in general, have been implemented as planned, although there have been some delays and the ongoing conflict in Crimea is putting increased strain on the program, as well as key elements of the macroeconomic framework.
"Notwithstanding the authorities' continued commitment to the program and good record of implementation so far, the authorities have decided to take a number of compensatory measures to limit the negative impact of the conflict in the short run, and ensure that key program objectives are achieved over the period of the two-year program," Gueorguiev said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar